First question.

TP
Thomas Phipps
Wed, Jun 9, 2021 11:49 PM

For oil changes on either of my 2 Avions (former), I used the simple plastic drive up ramps available at every auto parts store. Just be sure you have
a spotter because you will not be able to see them from the driver's seat.

2012 Phoenix Cruiser model 2552
KA4CSG

For oil changes on either of my 2 Avions (former), I used the simple plastic drive up ramps available at every auto parts store. Just be sure you have a spotter because you will not be able to see them from the driver's seat. -- 2012 Phoenix Cruiser model 2552 KA4CSG
Brian
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 2:02 AM

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 6:49 PM Thomas Phipps tph1pp5@outlook.com wrote:

For oil changes on either of my 2 Avions (former), I used the simple
plastic drive up ramps available at every auto parts store. Just be sure
you have
a spotter because you will not be able to see them from the driver's seat.

2012 Phoenix Cruiser model 2552
KA4CSG

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 6:49 PM Thomas Phipps <tph1pp5@outlook.com> wrote: > For oil changes on either of my 2 Avions (former), I used the simple > plastic drive up ramps available at every auto parts store. Just be sure > you have > a spotter because you will not be able to see them from the driver's seat. > -- > 2012 Phoenix Cruiser model 2552 > KA4CSG > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >
Brian
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 2:04 AM

Thanks for the info Thomas do you happen to know the height when it on the
ramp?

Brian

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 6:49 PM Thomas Phipps tph1pp5@outlook.com wrote:

For oil changes on either of my 2 Avions (former), I used the simple
plastic drive up ramps available at every auto parts store. Just be sure
you have
a spotter because you will not be able to see them from the driver's seat.

2012 Phoenix Cruiser model 2552
KA4CSG

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Thanks for the info Thomas do you happen to know the height when it on the ramp? Brian On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 6:49 PM Thomas Phipps <tph1pp5@outlook.com> wrote: > For oil changes on either of my 2 Avions (former), I used the simple > plastic drive up ramps available at every auto parts store. Just be sure > you have > a spotter because you will not be able to see them from the driver's seat. > -- > 2012 Phoenix Cruiser model 2552 > KA4CSG > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >
JR
John R. Lebetski
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 1:28 PM

The HF plastic ramps (one of the few HF tools that I like and own). They add 6”. You can, as I have, get in from the front for drain plug and in
from behind the passenger tire to get to the filter with no jacking or ramps.  You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front
end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected.  Also some are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and you are in
for BIG expense.

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

The HF plastic ramps (one of the few HF tools that I like and own). They add 6”. You can, as I have, get in from the front for drain plug and in from behind the passenger tire to get to the filter with no jacking or ramps. You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected. Also some are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and you are in for BIG expense. -- John Lebetski Woodstock, IL 77 Eleganza II
stu@97381.com
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 4:08 PM

Slight thread hijack: Is there a link to the locations of all the
zerks somewhere so I don't miss any?

Stu

Quoting "John R. Lebetski" gransport7087@gmail.com:

You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front
end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected.  Also some
are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and
you are in
for BIG expense.

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Slight thread hijack: Is there a link to the locations of all the zerks somewhere so I don't miss any? Stu Quoting "John R. Lebetski" <gransport7087@gmail.com>: > You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front > end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected. Also some > are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and > you are in > for BIG expense. > -- > John Lebetski > Woodstock, IL > 77 Eleganza II > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
KV
Keith V
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 5:24 PM

The Maintenace manual of course

Slight thread hijack: Is there a link to the locations of all the
zerks somewhere so I don't miss any?

Stu

Quoting "John R. Lebetski" gransport7087@gmail.com:

You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front
end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected.  Also some
are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and
you are in
for BIG expense.

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

The Maintenace manual of course ________________________________ From: stu@97381.com <stu@97381.com> Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2021 11:08 AM To: gmclist@list.gmcnet.org <gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> Subject: [GMCnet] Re: First question. Slight thread hijack: Is there a link to the locations of all the zerks somewhere so I don't miss any? Stu Quoting "John R. Lebetski" <gransport7087@gmail.com>: > You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front > end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected. Also some > are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and > you are in > for BIG expense. > -- > John Lebetski > Woodstock, IL > 77 Eleganza II > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: _______________________________________________ GMCnet mailing list Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
KH
Ken Henderson
Thu, Jun 10, 2021 5:25 PM

Check  the service manual; it shows all 14 originals.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:24 PM stu@97381.com wrote:

Slight thread hijack: Is there a link to the locations of all the
zerks somewhere so I don't miss any?

Stu

Quoting "John R. Lebetski" gransport7087@gmail.com:

You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front
end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected.  Also some
are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and
you are in
for BIG expense.

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Check the service manual; it shows all 14 originals. On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:24 PM <stu@97381.com> wrote: > > Slight thread hijack: Is there a link to the locations of all the > zerks somewhere so I don't miss any? > > Stu > > Quoting "John R. Lebetski" <gransport7087@gmail.com>: > > > You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the front > > end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected. Also some > > are reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and > > you are in > > for BIG expense. > > -- > > John Lebetski > > Woodstock, IL > > 77 Eleganza II > > _______________________________________________ > > GMCnet mailing list > > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > > > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >
Brian
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:53 PM

Thanks John

Thanks John On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 8:28 AM John R. Lebetski <gransport7087@gmail.com> wrote: > The HF plastic ramps (one of the few HF tools that I like and own). They > add 6”. You can, as I have, get in from the front for drain plug and in > from behind the passenger tire to get to the filter with no jacking or > ramps. You really need the ramps to get under to grease the zerks on the > front > end. Should be done each oil change and highly neglected. Also some are > reached from top side and 4 more in rear suspension. Neglect and you are in > for BIG expense. > -- > John Lebetski > Woodstock, IL > 77 Eleganza II > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >