stupid generator

JR
Jon Roche
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 2:51 AM

Generators are great when they work.

Not so great when they don’t.

--
Jon Roche
75 palm beach
EBL EFI, manny headers, Micro Level, rebuilt most of coach now.
St. Cloud, MN
http://lqqkatjon.blogspot.com/

Generators are great when they work. Not so great when they don’t. -- Jon Roche 75 palm beach EBL EFI, manny headers, Micro Level, rebuilt most of coach now. St. Cloud, MN http://lqqkatjon.blogspot.com/
JK
Jim Kanomata
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 4:16 AM

In my book, a good running gen is like a good spare tire.
Great to fire up the microwave,roof a/c.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Jon Roche lqqkatjon@gmail.com wrote:

Generators are great when they work.

Not so great when they don’t.

--
Jon Roche
75 palm beach
EBL EFI, manny headers, Micro Level, rebuilt most of coach now.
St. Cloud, MN
http://lqqkatjon.blogspot.com/

Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

--
Jim Kanomata ASE
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA

In my book, a good running gen is like a good spare tire. Great to fire up the microwave,roof a/c. On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Jon Roche <lqqkatjon@gmail.com> wrote: > Generators are great when they work. > > Not so great when they don’t. > > > -- > Jon Roche > 75 palm beach > EBL EFI, manny headers, Micro Level, rebuilt most of coach now. > St. Cloud, MN > http://lqqkatjon.blogspot.com/ > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502
MC
Matt Colie
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 2:21 PM

jimk wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 00:16

In my book, a good running gen is like a good spare tire.
Great to fire up the microwave,roof a/c.

Jim Kanomata ASE

Jim,

I hope you don't mind if I borrow that one from time to time.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie - Chaumière -'73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan with OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
SE Michigan - Near DTW - Twixt A2 and Detroit

jimk wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 00:16 > In my book, a good running gen is like a good spare tire. > Great to fire up the microwave,roof a/c. > -- > Jim Kanomata ASE Jim, I hope you don't mind if I borrow that one from time to time. Matt -- Matt & Mary Colie - Chaumière -'73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan with OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms SE Michigan - Near DTW - Twixt A2 and Detroit
MS
Mark Sawyer
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 3:48 PM

Matt Colie wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 09:21

jimk wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 00:16

In my book, a good running gen is like a good spare tire.
Great to fire up the microwave,roof a/c.

Jim Kanomata ASE

Jim,

I hope you don't mind if I borrow that one from time to time.

Matt

I've got a "good spare tire" around my waist...

And I'm usually the one that fires up the generator to run the rooftop ac and microwave...

Maybe that's what Jim was talking about ¯_(ツ)_/¯

--
Mark S.  '73 Painted Desert,
Manny 1 Ton Front End,

Matt Colie wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 09:21 > jimk wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 00:16 > > In my book, a good running gen is like a good spare tire. > > Great to fire up the microwave,roof a/c. > > -- > > Jim Kanomata ASE > > Jim, > > I hope you don't mind if I borrow that one from time to time. > > Matt I've got a "good spare tire" around my waist... And I'm usually the one that fires up the generator to run the rooftop ac and microwave... Maybe that's what Jim was talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -- Mark S. '73 Painted Desert, Manny 1 Ton Front End, Howell Injection, Leigh Harrison 4bag and Rear Brakes, Fort Worth, TX
RJ
Robert J. Gogan
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 4:48 PM

Besides the multiple problems that I have encountered with my original 6k Onan, the one that resisted rebuilding of the carb, jet adjustment etc. was
a terrible hunting rpm problem.  Just for the heck of it, I sprayed carb cleaner on the carb while the unit was running and immediately the rpm
smoothed out.  Found that the axle for the throttle leaves was so loose in the carb body that air was coming in through the gap throwing off the fuel
air mixture.  Didn't have an immediate way of rebushing this but found a substitute carb on Ebay with almost the same manufactures number, installed
it and the Onan runs like new.

Besides the multiple problems that I have encountered with my original 6k Onan, the one that resisted rebuilding of the carb, jet adjustment etc. was a terrible hunting rpm problem. Just for the heck of it, I sprayed carb cleaner on the carb while the unit was running and immediately the rpm smoothed out. Found that the axle for the throttle leaves was so loose in the carb body that air was coming in through the gap throwing off the fuel air mixture. Didn't have an immediate way of rebushing this but found a substitute carb on Ebay with almost the same manufactures number, installed it and the Onan runs like new.
JK
Jim Kanomata
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 6:31 PM

We supply rebuilt Onan carbs, not a one with a new kit only as that does
not address the worn parts.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 9:48 AM Robert J. Gogan rgogan@ameritech.net
wrote:

[...]

We supply rebuilt Onan carbs, not a one with a new kit only as that does not address the worn parts. On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 9:48 AM Robert J. Gogan <rgogan@ameritech.net> wrote: > Besides the multiple problems that I have encountered with my original 6k > Onan, the one that resisted rebuilding of the carb, jet adjustment etc. was > a terrible hunting rpm problem. Just for the heck of it, I sprayed carb > cleaner on the carb while the unit was running and immediately the rpm > smoothed out. Found that the axle for the throttle leaves was so loose in > the carb body that air was coming in through the gap throwing off the fuel > air mixture. Didn't have an immediate way of rebushing this but found a > substitute carb on Ebay with almost the same manufactures number, installed > it and the Onan runs like new. > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502
JR
John R. Lebetski
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 3:27 AM

A motorhome with no generator is a van

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

A motorhome with no generator is a van -- John Lebetski Woodstock, IL 77 Eleganza II
JK
Jim Kanomata
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 4:00 AM

John,
10-4

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 8:30 PM John R. Lebetski gransport7087@gmail.com
wrote:

A motorhome with no generator is a van

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

--
Jim Kanomata ASE
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA
jimk@appliedairfilters.com
http://www.gmcrvparts.com
1-800-752-7502

John, 10-4 On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 8:30 PM John R. Lebetski <gransport7087@gmail.com> wrote: > A motorhome with no generator is a van > -- > John Lebetski > Woodstock, IL > 77 Eleganza II > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502
TS
Todd Sullivan
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 4:07 PM

Right?? Haha

Sully
Bellevue wa

wrote:

A motorhome with no generator is a van

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Right?? Haha Sully Bellevue wa On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 8:30 PM John R. Lebetski <gransport7087@gmail.com> wrote: > A motorhome with no generator is a van > -- > John Lebetski > Woodstock, IL > 77 Eleganza II > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >
KV
Keith V
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 1:36 PM

Update,
It looks like the float isn't shutting off the fuel so it's overfilling the bowl and running really rich.
If I pull the pump fuse it runs better until it empties the bowl.
Carb rebuild kit on the way.

Maybe I'll keep it 😋