Tracker repairs

BB
Bob BRAAF
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 6:35 PM

Well, somehow, the Transfer Case in the 2004 Chevy Tracker that we tow behind the GMC got left in 4W Low instead of Neutral, and, now the thing won't go in any gear selection.  Does anyone have experience with the
Transmission/Transfer Case in one of these?  It is otherwise a nice drive/ride and I hate to send it to a scrap yard.

Bob Braaf
'76 Eleganza II
Tennessee

Well, somehow, the Transfer Case in the 2004 Chevy Tracker that we tow behind the GMC got left in 4W Low instead of Neutral, and, now the thing won't go in any gear selection. Does anyone have experience with the Transmission/Transfer Case in one of these? It is otherwise a nice drive/ride and I hate to send it to a scrap yard. Bob Braaf '76 Eleganza II Tennessee
JW
John Wright
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 7:23 PM

Go search and get a wrecking yard transmission and transfer case.  There
are still tons of these out there and in the parts yards.

J.R. Wright
GMC Great Laker
GMCGL Tech Editor
GMC Eastern States
GMCMHI
TZE Zone Restorations
78 Buskirk Custom 29.5' Stretch
75 Avion (Under going Frame up Restoration)

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 2:35 PM Bob BRAAF bbraaf@msn.com wrote:

Well, somehow, the Transfer Case in the 2004 Chevy Tracker that we tow
behind the GMC got left in 4W Low instead of Neutral, and, now the thing
won't go in any gear selection.  Does anyone have experience with the
Transmission/Transfer Case in one of these?  It is otherwise a nice
drive/ride and I hate to send it to a scrap yard.

Bob Braaf
'76 Eleganza II
Tennessee

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Go search and get a wrecking yard transmission and transfer case. There are still tons of these out there and in the parts yards. J.R. Wright GMC Great Laker GMCGL Tech Editor GMC Eastern States GMCMHI TZE Zone Restorations 78 Buskirk Custom 29.5' Stretch 75 Avion (Under going Frame up Restoration) On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 2:35 PM Bob BRAAF <bbraaf@msn.com> wrote: > Well, somehow, the Transfer Case in the 2004 Chevy Tracker that we tow > behind the GMC got left in 4W Low instead of Neutral, and, now the thing > won't go in any gear selection. Does anyone have experience with the > Transmission/Transfer Case in one of these? It is otherwise a nice > drive/ride and I hate to send it to a scrap yard. > > Bob Braaf > '76 Eleganza II > Tennessee > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >
CJV
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 7:23 PM

Don't do that! They are the perfect Toad! Ask one of the local Tracker or Suzuki clubs for advice. The only information I have is that when I wanted to rebuild my 2002 4x4 transmission, no kits were available. If that doesn't work, then offer the Toad for sale. If it is in otherwise decent condition, they are worth a pretty penny!! And in Tennessee, there will be 4x4 clubs for sure...

CJ Vermeulen, Scribbler

Well, somehow, the Transfer Case in the 2004 Chevy Tracker that we tow behind the GMC got left in 4W Low instead of Neutral, and, now the thing won't go in any gear selection. Does anyone have experience with the
Transmission/Transfer Case in one of these? It is otherwise a nice drive/ride and I hate to send it to a scrap yard.

Bob Braaf
'76 Eleganza II
Tennessee

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Don't do that! They are the perfect Toad! Ask one of the local Tracker or Suzuki clubs for advice. The only information I have is that when I wanted to rebuild my 2002 4x4 transmission, no kits were available. If that doesn't work, then offer the Toad for sale. If it is in otherwise decent condition, they are worth a pretty penny!! And in Tennessee, there will be 4x4 clubs for sure... CJ Vermeulen, Scribbler From: "Bob BRAAF" <bbraaf@msn.com> To: "gmclist" <gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2022 1:35:42 PM Subject: [GMCnet] Tracker repairs Well, somehow, the Transfer Case in the 2004 Chevy Tracker that we tow behind the GMC got left in 4W Low instead of Neutral, and, now the thing won't go in any gear selection. Does anyone have experience with the Transmission/Transfer Case in one of these? It is otherwise a nice drive/ride and I hate to send it to a scrap yard. Bob Braaf '76 Eleganza II Tennessee _______________________________________________ GMCnet mailing list Unsubscribe or Change List Options: