Fwd: Assistance Needed !

ES
Emery Stora
Tue, Jul 12, 2022 2:39 AM

I am sure this is a scam.  I have seen it before.
Any GMCers should be aware of this and don’t buy any gift cards and give the numbers to the sender who is posing as John Richardson with a gmail address.
Emery Stora
emerystora@mac.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Richardson jrichsr.aol@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Assistance Needed !
Date: July 11, 2022 at 7:26:03 PM MDT
To: Emery Stora emerystora@icloud.com

Thanks , she passed away from bile duct Cancer, Please I need couple of '' Ebay gift cards '' today for the Morgue attendants who took care of her body before arrival as promised. But Unfortunately i'm not available to go down to the store right now as I'm currently preoccupied and we're busy making funeral arrangements. Could you quickly help me pick up '' Ebay gift card '' at any nearby grocery Store that sells around you $400 ($100 denomination in 4 pieces).

Afterwards, Once the card has been purchased, kindly scratch back of the cards and email pictures of the card pin/numbers to me here. I will definitely reimburse you once I'm back this Weekend . Kindly let me know if you can help me pick them up ?

Thank you
John

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:29, Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com mailto:emerystora@icloud.com> wrote:
What?

Emery

On Jul 11, 2022, at 7:40 AM, John Richardson <jrichsr@aol.com mailto:jrichsr@aol.com> wrote:

Hi Emery ,

It’s so sad to inform you about my aunt's passing, I’m currently out of town for the funeral Preparations, Can you do me a favor, Please Let me know if you're available ?

Thank you
John

I am sure this is a scam. I have seen it before. Any GMCers should be aware of this and don’t buy any gift cards and give the numbers to the sender who is posing as John Richardson with a gmail address. Emery Stora emerystora@mac.com > Begin forwarded message: > > From: John Richardson <jrichsr.aol@gmail.com> > Subject: Re: Assistance Needed ! > Date: July 11, 2022 at 7:26:03 PM MDT > To: Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com> > > Thanks , she passed away from bile duct Cancer, Please I need couple of '' Ebay gift cards '' today for the Morgue attendants who took care of her body before arrival as promised. But Unfortunately i'm not available to go down to the store right now as I'm currently preoccupied and we're busy making funeral arrangements. Could you quickly help me pick up '' Ebay gift card '' at any nearby grocery Store that sells around you $400 ($100 denomination in 4 pieces). > > Afterwards, Once the card has been purchased, kindly scratch back of the cards and email pictures of the card pin/numbers to me here. I will definitely reimburse you once I'm back this Weekend . Kindly let me know if you can help me pick them up ? > > Thank you > John > > On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:29, Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com <mailto:emerystora@icloud.com>> wrote: > What? > > Emery > >> On Jul 11, 2022, at 7:40 AM, John Richardson <jrichsr@aol.com <mailto:jrichsr@aol.com>> wrote: >> >>  >> Hi Emery , >> >> It’s so sad to inform you about my aunt's passing, I’m currently out of town for the funeral Preparations, Can you do me a favor, Please Let me know if you're available ? >> >> Thank you >> John >> >>
KH
Kenneth Henderson
Tue, Jul 12, 2022 2:49 AM

Confirmed scam. I talked to Linda Richardson by 'phone a couple of hours
ago.  John's email account was somehow hacked and apparently all of his
contacts have been hit with that $400 request.  Linda said their 'phone's
been ringing  all day; hopefully everyone has seen through that transparent
falsehood.

Be careful -- the internet is CRAZY these days -- getting to be ALMOST as
bad as our politics!

Ken H.

From: John Richardson jrichsr.aol@gmail.com
Date: July 11, 2022 at 7:26:03 PM MDT
To: Emery Stora emerystora@icloud.com

jrichsr@aol.com>> wrote:

Hi Emery ,

It’s so sad to inform you about my aunt's passing, I’m currently out of

town for the funeral Preparations, Can you do me a favor, Please Let me
know if you're available ?

Thank you
John

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Confirmed scam. I talked to Linda Richardson by 'phone a couple of hours ago. John's email account was somehow hacked and apparently all of his contacts have been hit with that $400 request. Linda said their 'phone's been ringing all day; hopefully everyone has seen through that transparent falsehood. Be careful -- the internet is CRAZY these days -- getting to be ALMOST as bad as our politics! Ken H. On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 10:40 PM Emery Stora via Gmclist < gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> wrote: > I am sure this is a scam. I have seen it before. > Any GMCers should be aware of this and don’t buy any gift cards and give > the numbers to the sender who is posing as John Richardson with a gmail > address. > Emery Stora > emerystora@mac.com > > > > > Begin forwarded message: > > > > From: John Richardson <jrichsr.aol@gmail.com> > > Subject: Re: Assistance Needed ! > > Date: July 11, 2022 at 7:26:03 PM MDT > > To: Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com> > > > > Thanks , she passed away from bile duct Cancer, Please I need couple of > '' Ebay gift cards '' today for the Morgue attendants who took care of her > body before arrival as promised. But Unfortunately i'm not available to go > down to the store right now as I'm currently preoccupied and we're busy > making funeral arrangements. Could you quickly help me pick up '' Ebay gift > card '' at any nearby grocery Store that sells around you $400 ($100 > denomination in 4 pieces). > > > > Afterwards, Once the card has been purchased, kindly scratch back of the > cards and email pictures of the card pin/numbers to me here. I will > definitely reimburse you once I'm back this Weekend . Kindly let me know if > you can help me pick them up ? > > > > Thank you > > John > > > > On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:29, Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com > <mailto:emerystora@icloud.com>> wrote: > > What? > > > > Emery > > > >> On Jul 11, 2022, at 7:40 AM, John Richardson <jrichsr@aol.com <mailto: > jrichsr@aol.com>> wrote: > >> > >>  > >> Hi Emery , > >> > >> It’s so sad to inform you about my aunt's passing, I’m currently out of > town for the funeral Preparations, Can you do me a favor, Please Let me > know if you're available ? > >> > >> Thank you > >> John > >> > >> > > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >