A/C upgrade

TH
Thom High
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 2:29 AM

Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, and
everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this
soon, if the parts ever show up;)
Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider.
Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is?
Thom High
73 Sequoia
Vancouver Washington

Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, and everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this soon, if the parts ever show up;) Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider. Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is? Thom High 73 Sequoia Vancouver Washington
ES
Emery Stora
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:08 AM

You can order a Sanden with the same connection as currently on your GMC. Then buy tees for rack line and run hoses to the new inside evaporator. They run well in parallel.

Emery Stora

On Jul 26, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Thom High thigh19@gmail.com wrote:

Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, and
everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this
soon, if the parts ever show up;)
Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider.
Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is?
Thom High
73 Sequoia
Vancouver Washington

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

You can order a Sanden with the same connection as currently on your GMC. Then buy tees for rack line and run hoses to the new inside evaporator. They run well in parallel. Emery Stora > On Jul 26, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Thom High <thigh19@gmail.com> wrote: > > Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, and > everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this > soon, if the parts ever show up;) > Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider. > Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is? > Thom High > 73 Sequoia > Vancouver Washington > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
ES
Emery Stora
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:10 AM

That should have read “each” line instead of “rack” line.

Emery Stora

On Jul 26, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Emery Stora emerystora@icloud.com wrote:

[...]

That should have read “each” line instead of “rack” line. Emery Stora > On Jul 26, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com> wrote: > > You can order a Sanden with the same connection as currently on your GMC. Then buy tees for rack line and run hoses to the new inside evaporator. They run well in parallel. > > Emery Stora > >> On Jul 26, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Thom High <thigh19@gmail.com> wrote: >> >> Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, and >> everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this >> soon, if the parts ever show up;) >> Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider. >> Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is? >> Thom High >> 73 Sequoia >> Vancouver Washington >> _______________________________________________ >> GMCnet mailing list >> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
JK
Jim Kanomata
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:20 AM

Take time trial fitting the Aux unit as it will tuck in .
We have sketches and pictures.
Some went ahead and slapped it in and sticks out and complained, when they
could have consulted me.

--
Jim Kanomata ASE
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA

Take time trial fitting the Aux unit as it will tuck in . We have sketches and pictures. Some went ahead and slapped it in and sticks out and complained, when they could have consulted me. On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 8:10 PM Emery Stora via Gmclist < gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> wrote: > That should have read “each” line instead of “rack” line. > > Emery Stora > > > On Jul 26, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com> wrote: > > > > You can order a Sanden with the same connection as currently on your > GMC. Then buy tees for rack line and run hoses to the new inside > evaporator. They run well in parallel. > > > > Emery Stora > > > >> On Jul 26, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Thom High <thigh19@gmail.com> wrote: > >> > >> Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage > Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, > and > >> everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question > is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this > >> soon, if the parts ever show up;) > >> Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and > installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider. > >> Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is? > >> Thom High > >> 73 Sequoia > >> Vancouver Washington > >> _______________________________________________ > >> GMCnet mailing list > >> Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502
KV
Keith V
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:41 AM

has anyone found a way to recess these units into the dash? Seems like they all stick out pretty far

[...]

has anyone found a way to recess these units into the dash? Seems like they all stick out pretty far ________________________________ From: Jim Kanomata <jimkanomata@gmail.com> Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 10:20 PM To: gmclist@list.gmcnet.org <gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> Subject: [GMCnet] Re: A/C upgrade Take time trial fitting the Aux unit as it will tuck in . We have sketches and pictures. Some went ahead and slapped it in and sticks out and complained, when they could have consulted me. On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 8:10 PM Emery Stora via Gmclist < gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> wrote: > That should have read “each” line instead of “rack” line. > > Emery Stora > > > On Jul 26, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Emery Stora <emerystora@icloud.com> wrote: > > > > You can order a Sanden with the same connection as currently on your > GMC. Then buy tees for rack line and run hoses to the new inside > evaporator. They run well in parallel. > > > > Emery Stora > > > >> On Jul 26, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Thom High <thigh19@gmail.com> wrote: > >> > >> Okay, the dash a/c sucks and I’m going to add an additional Vintage > Air slimline under dash unit. Also going to convert to Sanden compressor, > and > >> everything else will be new, except the factory dash unit. My question > is, do you “T” off the compressor to run both units? Plan on doing this > >> soon, if the parts ever show up;) > >> Am planning on the fresh air and recirculating mods to the coach, and > installing a clear shower curtain, for visibility, as the divider. > >> Hoping these mods will make my wife complain about how cold the GMC is? > >> Thom High > >> 73 Sequoia > >> Vancouver Washington > >> _______________________________________________ > >> GMCnet mailing list > >> Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502 _______________________________________________ GMCnet mailing list Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
TH
Thom High
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 4:17 AM

As soon as I get the rest of the parts from you guys at Applied, I will consult with you;)

As soon as I get the rest of the parts from you guys at Applied, I will consult with you;)
JR
Jon Roche
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 10:33 AM

I have seen  a few who have remobed
The hvac box, then recessed
Them below the dash by building a box larger then unit.  cutting a hole in firewall.

Photo site has a couple examples.

Jon Roche
75 palm beach
EBL EFI, manny headers, Micro Level, rebuilt most of coach now.
St. Cloud, MN
http://lqqkatjon.blogspot.com/