Trip Cancelled

CS
Carl Stouffer
Tue, Mar 15, 2022 5:30 PM

We took a trip to the sand dunes (260 miles from home) on 2/24.  Gas was about $2.69/gallon on the way out there.  It went up about 10 cents by the
time we re-positioned to Yuma on 2/28.  Next stop was about 45 miles closer to home in Tacna, AZ for a GMCSJ rally until 3/6.  When we filled up in
Tacna, gas was $3.99/gal. Back in Tucson, it was about  the same, but went up 30 cents over the next few days, and is now averaging $4.49.

We have a cross country trip planned for this Fall.  Hopefully the gas prices will have stabilized or even gone back down some by then, but we decided
it was worth it to go regardless.  It's going to hurt though!

Carl Stouffer
'75 ex Palm Beach
Tucson, AZ.
Chuck Aulgur Reaction Arm Disc Brakes, Quadrabags, 3.70 LSD final drive, Lenzi knuckles/hubs, Dodge Truck 16" X 8" front wheels, Rear American Eagles,
Solar battery charging.  GMCSJ and GMCMI member

[...]
Richard
Tue, Mar 15, 2022 8:13 PM

Carl,

Yeah, approaching $1/mile would give anyone pause, but having a bathroom, bedroom and refrigerator with you at all times tilts the equation in our
favor.  Where are you heading in the Fall?

Richard

'77 Birchaven TZE...777;
'76 Palm Beach under construction;
‘76 Edgemonte waiting its turn

Carl, Yeah, approaching $1/mile would give anyone pause, but having a bathroom, bedroom and refrigerator with you at all times tilts the equation in our favor. Where are you heading in the Fall? Richard -- '77 Birchaven TZE...777; '76 Palm Beach under construction; ‘76 Edgemonte waiting its turn
JK
Jim Kanomata
Tue, Mar 15, 2022 8:53 PM

Where is all the Alaskan oil going to?????
It wiil be expensive for us  to travel from California to Luisians over
4,000 miles round trip. tg
Any one know where the Alaskan oil is going to ??????????????

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 10:30 AM Carl Stouffer carljr3b@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

--
Jim Kanomata ASE
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA

Where is all the Alaskan oil going to????? It wiil be expensive for us to travel from California to Luisians over 4,000 miles round trip. tg Any one know where the Alaskan oil is going to ?????????????? On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 10:30 AM Carl Stouffer <carljr3b@gmail.com> wrote: > We took a trip to the sand dunes (260 miles from home) on 2/24. Gas was > about $2.69/gallon on the way out there. It went up about 10 cents by the > time we re-positioned to Yuma on 2/28. Next stop was about 45 miles > closer to home in Tacna, AZ for a GMCSJ rally until 3/6. When we filled up > in > Tacna, gas was $3.99/gal. Back in Tucson, it was about the same, but went > up 30 cents over the next few days, and is now averaging $4.49. > > We have a cross country trip planned for this Fall. Hopefully the gas > prices will have stabilized or even gone back down some by then, but we > decided > it was worth it to go regardless. It's going to hurt though! > -- > Carl Stouffer > '75 ex Palm Beach > Tucson, AZ. > Chuck Aulgur Reaction Arm Disc Brakes, Quadrabags, 3.70 LSD final drive, > Lenzi knuckles/hubs, Dodge Truck 16" X 8" front wheels, Rear American > Eagles, > Solar battery charging. GMCSJ and GMCMI member > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502
JH
James Hupy
Tue, Mar 15, 2022 9:06 PM

An awful lot of the Aleska pipeline oil ends up at the ARCO refinery in
Anacortes, Washington. From there it goes to Pacific Northwest States. Some
of it is tankered to Richmond, California to the Chevron Refinery, and a
whole bunch of it goes to Japan at a contract price per barrel. The Russian
conflict doesn't affect it very much, if at all.
Jim Hupy
Salem, Oregon

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022, 1:54 PM Jim Kanomata jimkanomata@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

An awful lot of the Aleska pipeline oil ends up at the ARCO refinery in Anacortes, Washington. From there it goes to Pacific Northwest States. Some of it is tankered to Richmond, California to the Chevron Refinery, and a whole bunch of it goes to Japan at a contract price per barrel. The Russian conflict doesn't affect it very much, if at all. Jim Hupy Salem, Oregon On Tue, Mar 15, 2022, 1:54 PM Jim Kanomata <jimkanomata@gmail.com> wrote: > Where is all the Alaskan oil going to????? > It wiil be expensive for us to travel from California to Luisians over > 4,000 miles round trip. tg > Any one know where the Alaskan oil is going to ?????????????? > > > On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 10:30 AM Carl Stouffer <carljr3b@gmail.com> wrote: > > > We took a trip to the sand dunes (260 miles from home) on 2/24. Gas was > > about $2.69/gallon on the way out there. It went up about 10 cents by > the > > time we re-positioned to Yuma on 2/28. Next stop was about 45 miles > > closer to home in Tacna, AZ for a GMCSJ rally until 3/6. When we filled > up > > in > > Tacna, gas was $3.99/gal. Back in Tucson, it was about the same, but > went > > up 30 cents over the next few days, and is now averaging $4.49. > > > > We have a cross country trip planned for this Fall. Hopefully the gas > > prices will have stabilized or even gone back down some by then, but we > > decided > > it was worth it to go regardless. It's going to hurt though! > > -- > > Carl Stouffer > > '75 ex Palm Beach > > Tucson, AZ. > > Chuck Aulgur Reaction Arm Disc Brakes, Quadrabags, 3.70 LSD final drive, > > Lenzi knuckles/hubs, Dodge Truck 16" X 8" front wheels, Rear American > > Eagles, > > Solar battery charging. GMCSJ and GMCMI member > > _______________________________________________ > > GMCnet mailing list > > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > > > > > -- > Jim Kanomata ASE > Applied/GMC, Newark,CA > jimk@appliedairfilters.com > http://www.gmcrvparts.com > 1-800-752-7502 > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >
JK
Jim Kanomata
Tue, Mar 15, 2022 9:47 PM

Thank you Jim H.
Were being short cut by the Market value.

wrote:

[...]

Thank you Jim H. Were being short cut by the Market value. On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 2:07 PM James Hupy <jamesh1296@gmail.com> wrote: > An awful lot of the Aleska pipeline oil ends up at the ARCO refinery in > Anacortes, Washington. From there it goes to Pacific Northwest States. Some > of it is tankered to Richmond, California to the Chevron Refinery, and a > whole bunch of it goes to Japan at a contract price per barrel. The Russian > conflict doesn't affect it very much, if at all. > Jim Hupy > Salem, Oregon > > On Tue, Mar 15, 2022, 1:54 PM Jim Kanomata <jimkanomata@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Where is all the Alaskan oil going to????? > > It wiil be expensive for us to travel from California to Luisians over > > 4,000 miles round trip. tg > > Any one know where the Alaskan oil is going to ?????????????? > > > > > > On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 10:30 AM Carl Stouffer <carljr3b@gmail.com> > wrote: > > > > > We took a trip to the sand dunes (260 miles from home) on 2/24. Gas > was > > > about $2.69/gallon on the way out there. It went up about 10 cents by > > the > > > time we re-positioned to Yuma on 2/28. Next stop was about 45 miles > > > closer to home in Tacna, AZ for a GMCSJ rally until 3/6. When we > filled > > up > > > in > > > Tacna, gas was $3.99/gal. Back in Tucson, it was about the same, but > > went > > > up 30 cents over the next few days, and is now averaging $4.49. > > > > > > We have a cross country trip planned for this Fall. Hopefully the gas > > > prices will have stabilized or even gone back down some by then, but we > > > decided > > > it was worth it to go regardless. It's going to hurt though! > > > -- > > > Carl Stouffer > > > '75 ex Palm Beach > > > Tucson, AZ. > > > Chuck Aulgur Reaction Arm Disc Brakes, Quadrabags, 3.70 LSD final > drive, > > > Lenzi knuckles/hubs, Dodge Truck 16" X 8" front wheels, Rear American > > > Eagles, > > > Solar battery charging. GMCSJ and GMCMI member > > > _______________________________________________ > > > GMCnet mailing list > > > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > > > > > > > > > -- > > Jim Kanomata ASE > > Applied/GMC, Newark,CA > > jimk@appliedairfilters.com > > http://www.gmcrvparts.com > > 1-800-752-7502 > > _______________________________________________ > > GMCnet mailing list > > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > > > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > -- Jim Kanomata ASE Applied/GMC, Newark,CA jimk@appliedairfilters.com http://www.gmcrvparts.com 1-800-752-7502
JR
John R. Lebetski
Tue, Mar 15, 2022 10:50 PM

Crude all time high was 07/2008 at over $147 bbl
Crude hit $130 last week.
Crude is now at $95 and dropping.
During the pandemic peak it went to negative$. Had to pay to unload it as very low demand
Refined product goes up instantly with any hikes or fears. It goes down slowly when crude prices drop. Funny how that works.
Crude pricing is not the only factor, but the largest and most trackable/ graphable.
Me-Hoping for high $3s in a month.  I get 10-15 cents off with a BP card or 5% back with a non gas card. Helps a touch.  Trying to drive my daily as
hypermile as possible, but other drivers make it tough. 70 MPH zone traffic at 80+and I’m trying to do 75 not in left lane.

John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL
77 Eleganza II

Crude all time high was 07/2008 at over $147 bbl Crude hit $130 last week. Crude is now at $95 and dropping. During the pandemic peak it went to negative$. Had to pay to unload it as very low demand Refined product goes up instantly with any hikes or fears. It goes down slowly when crude prices drop. Funny how that works. Crude pricing is not the only factor, but the largest and most trackable/ graphable. Me-Hoping for high $3s in a month. I get 10-15 cents off with a BP card or 5% back with a non gas card. Helps a touch. Trying to drive my daily as hypermile as possible, but other drivers make it tough. 70 MPH zone traffic at 80+and I’m trying to do 75 not in left lane. -- John Lebetski Woodstock, IL 77 Eleganza II
CJV
Wed, Mar 16, 2022 2:51 AM

Been able to drive so little that a tank for my Tracker lasts two weeks! Will be a shocker when we break out Casey 3 from the snow...

CJ Vermeulen, Scribbler

[...]

Been able to drive so little that a tank for my Tracker lasts two weeks! Will be a shocker when we break out Casey 3 from the snow... CJ Vermeulen, Scribbler From: "John R. Lebetski" <gransport7087@gmail.com> To: "gmclist" <gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 5:50:49 PM Subject: [GMCnet] Re: Trip Cancelled Crude all time high was 07/2008 at over $147 bbl Crude hit $130 last week. Crude is now at $95 and dropping. During the pandemic peak it went to negative$. Had to pay to unload it as very low demand Refined product goes up instantly with any hikes or fears. It goes down slowly when crude prices drop. Funny how that works. Crude pricing is not the only factor, but the largest and most trackable/ graphable. Me-Hoping for high $3s in a month. I get 10-15 cents off with a BP card or 5% back with a non gas card. Helps a touch. Trying to drive my daily as hypermile as possible, but other drivers make it tough. 70 MPH zone traffic at 80+and I’m trying to do 75 not in left lane. -- John Lebetski Woodstock, IL 77 Eleganza II _______________________________________________ GMCnet mailing list Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
CS
Carl Stouffer
Thu, Mar 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Richard RV wrote on Tue, 15 March 2022 13:13

Carl,

Yeah, approaching $1/mile would give anyone pause, but having a bathroom, bedroom and refrigerator with you at all times tilts the equation in our
favor.  Where are you heading in the Fall?

Richard

We're heading to, first, Holland MI to visit my daughter, just a quick two night stay, then on to Central PA (specifically Fredericksburg in northern
Lebanon County) to visit with other family and relatives.  From there we will take a more southerly route back to Tucson.

We did this in May/June of 2021.  We spent approx $2090.00 on gas traveling 5246 miles.  We kept campsites reasonably low by staying mostly at state
parks, National/Park Service/COE/fairgrounds campgrounds etc with only a few actual RV parks.  Our accommodations in PA were free for the three weeks
we stayed there at Kathy's aunts property.

Carl Stouffer
'75 ex Palm Beach
Tucson, AZ.
Chuck Aulgur Reaction Arm Disc Brakes, Quadrabags, 3.70 LSD final drive, Lenzi knuckles/hubs, Dodge Truck 16" X 8" front wheels, Rear American Eagles,
Solar battery charging.  GMCSJ and GMCMI member

Richard RV wrote on Tue, 15 March 2022 13:13 > Carl, > > Yeah, approaching $1/mile would give anyone pause, but having a bathroom, bedroom and refrigerator with you at all times tilts the equation in our > favor. Where are you heading in the Fall? > > Richard We're heading to, first, Holland MI to visit my daughter, just a quick two night stay, then on to Central PA (specifically Fredericksburg in northern Lebanon County) to visit with other family and relatives. From there we will take a more southerly route back to Tucson. We did this in May/June of 2021. We spent approx $2090.00 on gas traveling 5246 miles. We kept campsites reasonably low by staying mostly at state parks, National/Park Service/COE/fairgrounds campgrounds etc with only a few actual RV parks. Our accommodations in PA were free for the three weeks we stayed there at Kathy's aunts property. -- Carl Stouffer '75 ex Palm Beach Tucson, AZ. Chuck Aulgur Reaction Arm Disc Brakes, Quadrabags, 3.70 LSD final drive, Lenzi knuckles/hubs, Dodge Truck 16" X 8" front wheels, Rear American Eagles, Solar battery charging. GMCSJ and GMCMI member
GG
Glenn Gregory
Sat, Mar 19, 2022 5:16 PM

Money is worth nothing till you spend it. Enjoy what you got left

HTH.........
Glenn
76 Glensbroke

Money is worth nothing till you spend it. Enjoy what you got left -- HTH......... Glenn 76 Glensbroke
JH
James Hupy
Sat, Mar 19, 2022 5:47 PM

Don't leave a whole bunch of money to your kids. Do them a huge favor, and
let them experience difficulties in life that only can be overcome by
diligence and effort. They will be way better citizens, that have a sense
of self reliance, instead of an attitude of dependence upon others to
support them.
Insist that public resources be properly managed to maintain
infrastructure like streets, bridges, parks, campgrounds, etc.  The less
that governments manage our private lives, the better off we will all be.
Insist that low cost fuels be available so that we can all enjoy the
freedoms of travel and enjoy the great benefits of camping with our GMC's.
Happy Saturday.
Jim Hupy
Salem, Oregon

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022, 10:16 AM Glenn Gregory ggregory@tbaytel.net wrote:

Money is worth nothing till you spend it. Enjoy what you got left

Glenn
76 Glensbroke

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

Don't leave a whole bunch of money to your kids. Do them a huge favor, and let them experience difficulties in life that only can be overcome by diligence and effort. They will be way better citizens, that have a sense of self reliance, instead of an attitude of dependence upon others to support them. Insist that public resources be properly managed to maintain infrastructure like streets, bridges, parks, campgrounds, etc. The less that governments manage our private lives, the better off we will all be. Insist that low cost fuels be available so that we can all enjoy the freedoms of travel and enjoy the great benefits of camping with our GMC's. Happy Saturday. Jim Hupy Salem, Oregon On Sat, Mar 19, 2022, 10:16 AM Glenn Gregory <ggregory@tbaytel.net> wrote: > Money is worth nothing till you spend it. Enjoy what you got left > -- > HTH......... > Glenn > 76 Glensbroke > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: >