Trip Cancelled

KH
Kenneth Henderson
Sat, Mar 5, 2022 6:21 PM

With gasoline running close to $4.00 per gallon and likely to cost more
before costing less, it would cost me on the order of $350 each way for the
trip to Patterson, LA for the April GMCMI convention.  Added to the other
costs, it just ain't gonna happen.  :-(

Sure wanted to see everyone at the convention, at Buccaneer, and at stops
in the FL panhandle, but we'll have to keep waiting for a while longer.

The decision about Jekyll Island in May is still up in the air.

Ken H.

With gasoline running close to $4.00 per gallon and likely to cost more before costing less, it would cost me on the order of $350 each way for the trip to Patterson, LA for the April GMCMI convention. Added to the other costs, it just ain't gonna happen. :-( Sure wanted to see everyone at the convention, at Buccaneer, and at stops in the FL panhandle, but we'll have to keep waiting for a while longer. The decision about Jekyll Island in May is still up in the air. Ken H.
JB
Johnny Bridges
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 3:13 PM

Ken, et al, I'm having the same worry.

--johnny

Foolish Carriage, 76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons.
Braselton, Ga.
I forgive them all, save those who hurt the dogs.  They must answer to me in hell

Ken, et al, I'm having the same worry. --johnny -- Foolish Carriage, 76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons. Braselton, Ga. I forgive them all, save those who hurt the dogs. They must answer to me in hell
SN
Scott Nutter
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 4:54 PM

I’m still seeing some gas prices in the $3.30’s on GasBuddy. But a lot can change between now and then. We are committed, I think the only thing
that would change our minds would be gas rationing.
Scott.

Scott Nutter
1978 Royale Center Kitchen, Patterson 455, switch pitch tranny, 3.21 final drive, Quad bags, Dave Lenzi super duty mid axle disc brakes, tankless
water heater, everything Lenzi. Alex Ferrera installed MSD Atomic EFI
Houston, Texas

I’m still seeing some gas prices in the $3.30’s on GasBuddy. But a lot can change between now and then. We are committed, I think the only thing that would change our minds would be gas rationing. Scott. -- Scott Nutter 1978 Royale Center Kitchen, Patterson 455, switch pitch tranny, 3.21 final drive, Quad bags, Dave Lenzi super duty mid axle disc brakes, tankless water heater, everything Lenzi. Alex Ferrera installed MSD Atomic EFI Houston, Texas
RJW
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 4:56 PM

GMCWiperMan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2022 13:21

With gasoline running close to $4.00 per gallon and likely to cost more
before costing less, it would cost me on the order of $350 each way for the
trip to Patterson, LA for the April GMCMI convention.  Added to the other
costs, it just ain't gonna happen.  :(

Sure wanted to see everyone at the convention, at Buccaneer, and at stops
in the FL panhandle, but we'll have to keep waiting for a while longer.

The decision about Jekyll Island in May is still up in the air.

Ken H.

GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:

That would keep me away as well.  However, we had planned on heading to the UK for the birth of our 2nd grandchild due at the same time as the
convention.  But that might be out of the window for the same reasons, rising fuel costs.

--
Richard
76 Palm Beach

Roller Cam 455, TBI+EBL, 3.42 FD, 4 Bag, Macerator, Lenzi (brakes, vacuum system, front end stuff), Manny Tranny, vacuum step, Tankless + OEM water
heaters.

GMCWiperMan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2022 13:21 > With gasoline running close to $4.00 per gallon and likely to cost more > before costing less, it would cost me on the order of $350 each way for the > trip to Patterson, LA for the April GMCMI convention. Added to the other > costs, it just ain't gonna happen. :( > > Sure wanted to see everyone at the convention, at Buccaneer, and at stops > in the FL panhandle, but we'll have to keep waiting for a while longer. > > The decision about Jekyll Island in May is still up in the air. > > Ken H. > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: That would keep me away as well. However, we had planned on heading to the UK for the birth of our 2nd grandchild due at the same time as the convention. But that might be out of the window for the same reasons, rising fuel costs. -- Richard 76 Palm Beach SE Michigan www.PalmBeachGMC.com Roller Cam 455, TBI+EBL, 3.42 FD, 4 Bag, Macerator, Lenzi (brakes, vacuum system, front end stuff), Manny Tranny, vacuum step, Tankless + OEM water heaters.
ES
Emery Stora
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 5:00 PM

We just returned from a trip to Mesa, AZ in our car. Gasoline prices were $3.59 and higher in Az and NM and CO.

Emery Stora

On Mar 6, 2022, at 9:58 AM, RJW mygmc@palmbeachgmc.com wrote:

[...]

We just returned from a trip to Mesa, AZ in our car. Gasoline prices were $3.59 and higher in Az and NM and CO. Emery Stora > On Mar 6, 2022, at 9:58 AM, RJW <mygmc@palmbeachgmc.com> wrote: > > GMCWiperMan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2022 13:21 >> With gasoline running close to $4.00 per gallon and likely to cost more >> before costing less, it would cost me on the order of $350 each way for the >> trip to Patterson, LA for the April GMCMI convention. Added to the other >> costs, it just ain't gonna happen. :( >> >> Sure wanted to see everyone at the convention, at Buccaneer, and at stops >> in the FL panhandle, but we'll have to keep waiting for a while longer. >> >> The decision about Jekyll Island in May is still up in the air. >> >> Ken H. >> _______________________________________________ >> GMCnet mailing list >> Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > > That would keep me away as well. However, we had planned on heading to the UK for the birth of our 2nd grandchild due at the same time as the > convention. But that might be out of the window for the same reasons, rising fuel costs. > > -- > Richard > 76 Palm Beach > SE Michigan > www.PalmBeachGMC.com > > > Roller Cam 455, TBI+EBL, 3.42 FD, 4 Bag, Macerator, Lenzi (brakes, vacuum system, front end stuff), Manny Tranny, vacuum step, Tankless + OEM water > heaters. > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
CJV
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 6:12 PM

With gas prices now from $1.60 - $2.00/L in Canada, that's about $9.00/CDN/gallon. However it's cheaper converted to US $ and US gallons....

CJ Vermeulen,  Scribbler

[...]

With gas prices now from $1.60 - $2.00/L in Canada, that's about $9.00/CDN/gallon. However it's cheaper converted to US $ and US gallons.... CJ Vermeulen, Scribbler ----- Original Message ----- From: "gmclist" <gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> To: "gmclist" <gmclist@list.gmcnet.org> Cc: "Emery Stora" <emerystora@icloud.com> Sent: Sunday, March 6, 2022 11:00:30 AM Subject: [GMCnet] Re: Trip Cancelled We just returned from a trip to Mesa, AZ in our car. Gasoline prices were $3.59 and higher in Az and NM and CO. Emery Stora > On Mar 6, 2022, at 9:58 AM, RJW <mygmc@palmbeachgmc.com> wrote: > > GMCWiperMan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2022 13:21 >> With gasoline running close to $4.00 per gallon and likely to cost more >> before costing less, it would cost me on the order of $350 each way for the >> trip to Patterson, LA for the April GMCMI convention. Added to the other >> costs, it just ain't gonna happen. :( >> >> Sure wanted to see everyone at the convention, at Buccaneer, and at stops >> in the FL panhandle, but we'll have to keep waiting for a while longer. >> >> The decision about Jekyll Island in May is still up in the air. >> >> Ken H. >> _______________________________________________ >> GMCnet mailing list >> Unsubscribe or Change List Options: > > That would keep me away as well. However, we had planned on heading to the UK for the birth of our 2nd grandchild due at the same time as the > convention. But that might be out of the window for the same reasons, rising fuel costs. > > -- > Richard > 76 Palm Beach > SE Michigan > www.PalmBeachGMC.com > > > Roller Cam 455, TBI+EBL, 3.42 FD, 4 Bag, Macerator, Lenzi (brakes, vacuum system, front end stuff), Manny Tranny, vacuum step, Tankless + OEM water > heaters. > _______________________________________________ > GMCnet mailing list > Unsubscribe or Change List Options: _______________________________________________ GMCnet mailing list Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
Larry
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 7:00 PM

We leave Wisconsin late December and travel the south. While Gas is a big part of our expenses, we have found that when on the road, our monthly
expenses....even with fuel costs... is roughly half when on the road than when we stay home. Even if it wasn't, it is so good to travel and see the
country, friends and relatives that the cost is well worth it. JWIT

Larry
78 Royale w/500 Caddy
Menomonie, WI.

We leave Wisconsin late December and travel the south. While Gas is a big part of our expenses, we have found that when on the road, our monthly expenses....even with fuel costs... is roughly half when on the road than when we stay home. Even if it wasn't, it is so good to travel and see the country, friends and relatives that the cost is well worth it. JWIT -- Larry 78 Royale w/500 Caddy Menomonie, WI.
MC
Matt Colie
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 7:43 PM

Well,

I'm not going to use fuel price as an excuse.

Between issues with the old body and cold, I can't get the planned winter work done in time for the trek south.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie - Chaumière -'73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan with OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
SE Michigan - Near DTW - Twixt A2 and Detroit

Well, I'm not going to use fuel price as an excuse. Between issues with the old body and cold, I can't get the planned winter work done in time for the trek south. Matt -- Matt & Mary Colie - Chaumière -'73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan with OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms SE Michigan - Near DTW - Twixt A2 and Detroit
CJV
Sun, Mar 6, 2022 8:49 PM

Absolutely!!!

CJ Vermeulen,  Scribbler